Friday, June 6, 2008

Verizon and Alltel...no more Chad.

Well, during my usual trip on the information superhighway, I ran across some interesting news. Verizon has officially decided to purchase Alltel for about 28 billion dollars. This was rumored to be happening but I am guessing that the final touches will be put on this deal and you should start to see the transformation here pretty quickly. That leaves only three major wireless carriers to compete for the average consumer's business. Alltel had some pretty good plans going on such as My Circle, a replica of T-Mobile's MyFaves but larger, and they also had some pretty funny commercials featuring Chad and the Wizard. I guess the guy in the Verizon shirt got tired of riding in that van. Shout out to RIMarkable for the info... So until next time...

Click here to read the article on the buyout.

No comments: