Thursday, June 5, 2008

Gas and Bootlegs?? Is there a link?

Well, I was sitting here at my desk looking at http://www.allhiphop.com/, reading the rumors page as usual and I started thinking....because gas prices are so high, will that mean an increase in the productions of "bootlegs"? I'm not just talking about CDs but, I am talking about DVDs also. I mean the way gas prices are rising, people are really cutting back on the "luxuries" in life and this would include going to the mall and purchasing CDs and DVDs. If these people who previously purchased CDs for 13 or more dollars before the rise in gas prices, they might be tempted purchase a CD that they want for a lesser price. Now, I am not condoning purchasing bootlegs, I mean everyone has their opinion that and I choose not to dwell on that subject for this post but, this could be a legitamate question that some label execs might have to ask themselves one day. I know that your are thinking this is crazy to even assume this but, gas affects everything...look at food. Gas goes up, food goes up. it would be only natural progression for this to happen also in the entertainment industry. If gas prices keep rising and the economy stays the way it is now, that " 5 CDs for $20" wont be such a bad option...especially when that "New-New" comes out (shout-out to Lauren London...LOL.) Think about it. So until next time...

No comments: