Friday, December 12, 2008

Memories...gotta love em'!

So, yesterday was an eventful day when concerning my past. I received emails, calls, and friend requests on Facebook from a couple of people that I had lost contact with. I got an email and call from my good old friend Katie Reed from high school. Funny story, I tried to recruit her for the US Navy when I was getting ready to go. So one day, when I was returning from processing, I saw her coming back from processing also....for the US Air Force!!! LOL! She is still in there and doing quite well if I do say so myself. She called me later on and we talked and reminisced about high school days among other things...whew..I am getting old..LOL! So, when I wake up this morning, I receive an email from my buddy from the Navy, Lamar Johnekins. he had just got back from Iraq and he got my voicemail that I had left him. He and his family are doing well and he told me that he would be coming back to Florida to be an instructor...good...cause being in Hawaii can cost money!!! So, I was able to get back in contact with him. Memories are great becasue they let us know how far we have come!

No comments: