Monday, December 22, 2008

Going to the 'Ship!!!

So throughout the NFL season, I was a part of a fantasy football league called the "Come Wit It" with my team being called the "Crackberry Titans" (go figure huh...lol). This would be the first year I was completely focused on being consistent and trying to win every game. I was a part of the "Come Wit It" league with a couple of guys that I know. Now, when it comes to competetion, these guys are serious! My draft started out okay not spectacular but, I was able to pick up a couple keys players and positional players at the correct time along the way. My number one point winner was the Tennessee Titans Defense. Every game I knew I could count on them for about 15-22 points a game. Another one I picked up was Steve Slaton...he really turned on the jets and started racking up fantasy points. LenDale White was another...he was a short yardage red zone beast with 15 TDs this year. So I made it to the playoffs as the 4 seed with a record of 9-5 (not bad for the crazy season we had..). The last game of the regular season I had to play a guy who was neck and neck with me till the final game of the week. He needed a couple of catches from his tight end to beat me....I ended up winning 82-81. The first week of the playoffs I was playing a familar foe...the same guy! This time, I spared him no mercy and spanked him. being succesful in this conquest, I went up aganist the #1 seed in the playoffs.....The Tomb of Boom. This guy hadnt lost in a couple of weeks. As I type this I am leading him 112-85. He only has one more player remaining to play...so my fingers are crossed but looking at his track record, he is not going to score over 30 points. So I am going to the 'Ship to face a foe who crushed me a couple of weeks back....Team Herring. I suspect it will be a good game but who knows....its all a fantasy...

No comments: